The short version
What does it take for a life-science researcher to start a company? How do you bring science out of the lab and into the economy?
BII embraces every phase of a life-science start-up company and though we are based in Denmark, our aspirations are international.
BII offers entrepreneurially-minded researchers or anyone with a research-based idea help to bring interdisciplinary ideas to life and research to market. BII offers state-of-the-art facilities and various funding opportunities, as well as partnerships and programs with technical, scientific, and commercial experts.
Our main focus is medical technology, pharma and biotechnology. We envision that strong collaborations, a passion for science, and an open mind will foster research-based innovation and viable start-ups, for the benefit of human welfare and society around the globe.
Any questions? Check out our FAQ.
2018 – first half:
2018 – second half:
- Opening of the BII facilities; labs and office space
- Publishing calls for the programs; Proof of Concept, Business Acceleration Academy and Creation House
Timings are subject to change
The long version
The BII Playbook
The BioInnovation Institute is a Novo Nordisk Foundation initiative. In the first three years of operation, until the end of 2020, BII has been granted DKK 392 million. After this establishment phase has been evaluated, the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Board of Directors will decide whether to establish BII as an independent foundation and grant funding for the next seven years of operation.
If you would like a more in-depth description of the BioInnovation Institute, have a read through our Playbook. There you will find the full ten year vision and plan for the institute plus detailed information on:
- Our four different phases; Discovery, Transition, Incubation and Growth
- Our programmes; Proof of Concept, Business Acceleration Academy, and more
- Our funding models for projects; grants and convertible loans
- Our facilities; laboratories, technological platforms and offices
- Our goals; success factors and key performance indicators
Meet the BII team
Collaboration is key to us, so please get in touch
Currently, we don’t have any open positions but we still want to hear from you. We are building the BII community and we are looking for people who share our vision and passion to be part of that.